How to Present on Video Like a Leader
The reality is that video-based communication is the “new normal” permanently. Now that everyone is set up for this type of communication, it'll certainly stick around. Your ability to be your best self and achieve results on video will be your personal and organizational brand — and that branding is crucial.
Join Dr. Laura Sicola, the founder of Vocal Impact Productions and top leadership communication and influence experts, in this online training course to watch how you can build Confidence, Presence, and Influence in an online environment.
Confidence is what you feel. Presence is what you show outwardly. Influence is getting what you need based on your presence.
Course Overview & Contents Contents
This content-packed online training features plenty of professional video tutorials from our leadership communication expert that demonstrate firsthand how to hone your Vocal Executive Presence to project a strong, positive leadership image.
The following learning modules and downloadable companion resources are included. Supporting Action Steps are also provided at the end of each lesson.
Lesson 1: Representing yourself on video
- Webinars v. video conferences
- Positioning yourself on your screen
- 5 Tips for setting up your virtual meeting
Lesson 2: Being prepared
- Pre-meeting tech checklist
- Benefits of a co-host
Lesson 3: Maximizing engagement
- Participation Guidelines
Lesson 4: Wrap Up
- Virtual meeting best practices
- Additional resources
After completing this on-demand training course, you'll be able to:
- Recognize the importance of having the correct name, camera angle, and height during a video call.
- Understand how to increase your virtual presence by focusing on lighting and sound.
- Explain the importance of knowing your meeting platform inside and out.
- Identify the benefits of having a co-host.
- Explain steps you can take to maximize engagement during virtual meetings.
About the Presenter
Dr. Laura Sicola is the founder of Vocal Impact Productions, Podcast Host, author of Speaking to Influence: Mastering Your Leadership Voice, and TEDx Speaker and Advisor. As a leading leadership communication and influence expert, she is known for her coaching and virtual training that turn executives into confident, inspiring leaders.