Finding top talent
After completing this lesson, you will be able to:
1. Explain how to acquire new talent.
2. Describe the six factors that attract top talent.
Watch the Finding Top Talent video to learn strategies for how to acquire and attract top talent.
The tasks below will be automatically checked off once you complete watching the video and taking the quiz.
|Watch the video|
|Take the quiz|
The future of your organization is directly determined by the quality of people you can get, grow and keep on your team. Talent acquisition, talent development and talent retention needs to be a major strategy.
Key points on outreach
- Keep a lot of people in your pipeline to create relationships for a deep bench of talent even if you don’t have a position right now for them.
- Scout for talent because the best are already in jobs they like.
Questions to ask:
- Where did your current top talent come from?
- Why did they join the team?
- Do they have friends who are bright and talented who might want to work for your association?
- Do you use interns? If so, talk to the local college or university.
Factors for attracting top talent
Click each factor for more information.
Check for understanding
See if you understand the concepts by completing the quiz. Click Finding top talent quiz to begin.