Cultural Transformation Course
If you're not actively working on your organizational culture, it's not working for you; it's working against you.
Join John Spence, one of the top business thought leaders and leadership development experts in the world, in this online training course as he adapts his for-profit insight to the non-profit world to give you the tools you need to transform your Culture By Default into a Culture By Design.
This e-learning course is designed to help you build your foundation and learn the steps to successfully nurture the culture in your own association. The learning modules gives you the knowledge and tools to:
Module 1: Set the foundation of growth culture
- Explain why culture is critical to success.
- Define the three elements that make up an association's Core Ideology.
- Explain why purpose is important and when it's essential to have a mission statement.
- Explain why clearly defined and unique values are essential and the downstream impact of leadership’s reaction to the association’s values.
- Describe the three levels of vision and the timeframe around those levels.
Module 2: Build your Core Purpose
- Explain what Core Purpose defines for your association.
- Describe the impact of having an exciting purpose.
- Develop or revise your association’s purpose statement.
- Identify ways to bring your association’s Purpose to life.
Module 3: Build your Core Values
- Explain the risk of using standard industry values.
- Describe the elements of your association that impact your values.
- Reiterate what happens when noncompliance of values is ignored.
- Develop, revise, and "Live" your association’s Core Values as well as your personal Core Value statements.
- Explain senior leader’s role with values.
Module 4: Build your Vision
- Explain the three circles used to identify your association’s BHAG.
- Develop, revise, and monitor your personal BHAG.
- Identify who should develop the visions of your association’s painted picture.
- Articulate how your association’s painted picture aligns with the association’s BHAG, purpose, and values.
- Define strategy, list the four criteria to have a highly differentiated strategy, and explain the three types of strategies.
- Define binary.
- List the five levels of accountability.
- Describe what the leader of a project needs to be successful.
- Explain ways to ensure that the leader of a project has 100% agreement.
- Describe how to track and post results.
- Identify ways to manage contributors of the project based on the health of their deliverables.
Module 5: Grow people to achieve your vision
- Describe the six factors that attract top talent.
- Write the three criteria for interviews.
- Explain how to determine if a candidate genuinely wants to work for your association.
- Describe the onboarding process.
- Explain five steps to coach team members who are meeting expectations.
- Explain the four pieces of paper necessary to effectively coach team members who need performance improvement.
- Explain the 7 Cs of Leadership.
- Identify your personal leadership philosophy.
Module 6: Take risks and innovate
- Explain the four quadrants of risk delegation and how to react to each.
- Describe how to engage and embrace innovation.
- Explain the role senior leaders play in an association’s innovative culture.
This online training is supplemented by videos and actionable takeaways to help you apply what you've learned. Each e-learning module also has an associated workbook and "quiz" to test your understanding of the core concepts.
After completing this on-demand training course, you'll be able to:
- Set the foundation for a culture of growth.
- Build your Core Purpose and define your Core Values.
- Build the Vision that will help your organization understand its future.
- Grow the people you need to achieve the vision of your association.
- Successfully take risks and innovate to help you get there faster.
About the Presenter
John Spence was named by the American Management Association as one of America’s Top 50 Leaders to Watch. For more than two decades, John has been a consultant and coach to organizations worldwide, helping them become more successful by:
Making the Very Complex … Awesomely Simple.